A Typical Day at Les Tapies...
6:30–8:00am – Early morning yoga, photo walk or painting session
8.00–9:00am - Breakfast
9:00–9:30am – Morning gathering
9:30–12:30pm - Morning studio instruction in both large and small group format workshops.
These sessions will include but are not limited to:
• Plein-air drawing and painting – oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel
• Outdoor life drawing with model, charcoal and conte pastel
• Introduction to printmaking – monotypes, woodcut, intaglio
• Working with paper – collage and mixed media
• Working with still life
• Black and white photography and dark room development
• Digital photography
• Creative writing, poetry and journaling
1:00–3:00pm – Lunch/relaxation time
3:00–6:00pm – Continued studio workshops or individual instruction, independent work time and/or afternoon excursions.
In addition to the afore mentioned sessions,
the afternoon may include:
• Introduction to French cooking
• Antiquing and exploring regional medieval hill towns
• Afternoon yoga and wellness
• Introduction to wines of the Rhone – winetasting and/or vineyard tour
• Writing workshop – painting the landscape with words
• Art history workshop – various topic
• Plein-air painting or photo excursion
6:00–7:30pm - Free time (hiking, swimming in the pool, open studio work, relax)
7:30–9:00pm – Dinner
9:00–11:00pm - Round table discussions, visual presentations, films, social time
The above schedule changes to accomodate
arrival and departure days and the
all-day excursions to Aix-en-Provence and L’Abbey Mazan.